POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Turbulence : Re: Turbulence Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:13:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Turbulence
From: Ken
Date: 23 Feb 2000 05:15:10
Message: <38B3B2DA.DB38919D@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Sounds interesting.  In other words, using any pattern type to turbulate another
> pattern with.  The difficulties might be in how the octaves, omega, and lambda
> are to be applied maybe since those are all put into the equation, so to speak.
> What I can't imagine too well is how it would go about affecting the pattern to
> be perturbed because it seems that to do so without the usual turbulence would
> just be a overlaying of another pattern on top of the other to various degrees.

Actually I wasn't thinking of just any pattern type.

For example - turbulence 0.25 bozo - was not what I had in mind though
it does present some interesting possiblities.

Instead I was thinking something more along the lines of

turbulence 0.25 ramp_wave

With this type of predefined turbulence modifier the octaves etc. should
work as they do now. The real problem is that I am probably thinking two
dimensionally and this may be impossible to implement in a 3D pattern.